WELLAND – Municipal budget watchdogs should take note of two upcoming dates with relation to preparation of Welland’s 2016 budget.
The dates (January 4 and January 11) are provided in a Notice that can be found on the city’s website, in the Keep Current drop down box, Public Meetings/Information Sessions.
The notice is provided below:
NOTICE OF 2016 BUDGET PUBLIC INPUT
Take notice that the City of Welland Budget Review Committee will be holding an open meeting to obtain input from members of the public regarding the City’s 2016 Water and Wastewater Operating & Capital Budgets and 2017-2025 Capital Forecast.
The meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 11, 2016, at 5:30 p.m. in City Council Chambers, 60 East Main Street, Welland.
The following information will be available on Monday, January 4, 2016, at no cost, at the City of Welland, Finance Division, 60 East Main Street, Welland, Ontario, and can be downloaded here.
- Proposed 2016 Water/Wastewater Operating Budgets
- Proposed 2016 Water and Sewer Rate Schedule
- 2017-2025 Water/Wastewater Capital Budget ForecastIf you are unable to attend the public meeting, you can provide written comments to the City Clerk at 60 East Main Street, Welland, ON, L3B 3X4 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The proposed date for the Council of the Corporation of the City of Welland to consider adoption of the 2016 Water/Wastewater Operating & Capital Budgets is January 26, 2016.
- Any person who attends has the opportunity to make a presentation with respect to the 2016 Water and Wastewater Operating and Capital Budgets and 2017-2025 Capital Forecast. For recordkeeping purposes, a copy of your presentation is to be submitted to the Clerk at the meeting. In order for the Committee to hear from as many residents as possible, presentations are limited to 10 minutes per presenter.